Why am I getting constant smell like mold or old socks?
User rating for this question
Constant smell like mold, or old socks for the past 2 weeks. My urine has the same smell...
Posted Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Thanks for the query
A variety of things can change the way urine smells. Some conditions that cause an odor in urine are harmless and the smell is temporary. Other times, a foul smell to urine indicates a medical problem. Recognizing the causes of foul urine smells is important so that proper medical treatments can begin.
The most common causes could be
Dehydration resulting in concentrated urine
Urinary Tract Infection
Certain foods like onion and asparagus
Uncontrolled diabetes can result in diabetic ketoacidosis causing ketones to spill in urine
If you are a diabetic then you must consult the doctor immediately otherwise you may try to increase the water intake and see the response in next few days.
If the smell persists then consult your doctor and get necessary investigations done.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
People also viewed
- My breath constantly smells like farts
- Prednisolone steroids and alcohol
- Why does my 2 yr olds stool smell like ammonia
- Heat boils on eyebrow
- Is flagyl used for boils
- Eat boiled eggs grow height
- Constant diarrhea smells like burnt rubber
- Best home remedy boils on eye lids
- Aids and respiratory infection
- Hemoglobina corpuscular media alta
- Waking up with welts over body
- Constant smell of iron in nose why
- Rash after strep throat
- Propylene glycol allergy symptoms
- Why breath smells like ham