Why am I getting constant pain on back of head?

On a regular basis i was getting head pain at the back part of teh head. After a XXXXXXX sleep i am feeling ok . Not sure what is the reason behind it? Can you please advise me what type of care i need to take? Is this any serious problem?
Posted Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 10 minutes later

From the history you have provided, it appears to be tension-type of headache which is precipitated due to stress and is relieved with rest.

I would suggest you provide me details regarding your job; any stress at home as well as the frequency of headaches so that I guide you better.

It does not appear to be a serious problem. Meditation, yoga and breathing relaxation exercises are likely to benefit you. Kindly provide me the details I requested.

Dr Sundar Gnanavel
Follow-up: Why am I getting constant pain on back of head? 15 minutes later

Thanks for the reply.

Currently i am working as Software engineer at XXXXXXX I am suffering this headache from a long time back around 5 years back it has been started. Even my mother is also having headache. So i am just thinking that it would be a heridatory one. Please clarify me if i am worng here.

More over when i feel intollerable than i am taking Naprosyn 500 one tablet and with half an hour i will feel happy. Even i dont have eye site problem also.

Please advise me what action i need to take to cure my problem permananetly.

Thanks and Regards
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 8 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX ...
I do understand your concern. There are a few forms of headache that might be heritable. However, research in the area is yet to progress satisfactorily. You have ruled out ocular problems. The other conditions to be ruled out include sinusitis (by ENT physician). Do not excessively use T.Naprosyn as that may lead to a different type of headache called as MOH/Medication overuse headache. As i suggested earlier, try breathing relaxation exercises and meditation since I still suspect it is a case of tension-type headache (TTH) only.
Wish you speedy recovery.
Dr Sundar G