Why am I getting chest pain after eating chocolate or being stressed?

I have noticed that in recent months I have been getting chest pains after being highly stressed or after eating chocolate. The pain feels very much the same as that after you've been running a long distance and your chest hurts from that. I have been recently checked by my doctor and have been told that my ekg tests indicate my heart is excellent. I am a 50yr old active male
Posted Sat, 29 Dec 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Stress could cause muscle spasm and pain.

If routine EKG is normal, Treadmill exercise EKG (TMT) is done to exclude Ischemia (reduced blood flow).
X-ray chest is in order.
ECHOcardiogram is also necessary to see the heart valves (Mitral Valve Prolapse) / heart muscle (Cardiomyopathy) and heart function (Ejection fraction, wall motion abnormality).
Relation to food could mean Oesophagitis (food pipe) or gastritis. Upper GI endoscopy may help

In the meantime, you may benefit from anxiolytic (like alprazolam) and/or Proton Pump Inhibitors (like Omeperazole)

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck