Why am I getting back pain spasms and pain in ribs after a fall?
User rating for this question
I'm 6-2. weigh 195 lbs. A few days ago, I fell backwards and hit my head on concrete. Got a bump about the size of a tangerine. A few days later, the ribs on my right side started hurting real bad and now I'm getting back pain spasms as well. What's going on?
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Rib/chest/spine injury when falling,need exams.. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for sharing your concerns with XXXXXXX You are saying to fell backwards a few days ago and now, the ribs on your right side started hurting real bad. This is because, when you fell, your back had a trauma and perhaps you did not take proper care (like applying cold clothing to the back and/or taking acetaminophen for the pain). Another cause could be a possible hematoma showed up after falling. Therefore, I strongly suggest to get checked by a neurologist and to do chest X-ray to exclude/localize possible hematoma (blood accumulation). Once again, I strongly suggest to consult a neurologist to exclude further damaged due to falling and to take proper measures in time. All the best! Take care! Dr.Alba Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
People also viewed
- Can dehydration cause delay in period
- Back pain after a fall
- Migraine with mechanical heart valve
- Itchy genitals and swollen upper lip with bumps around lip
- Massive heart attack death
- Back pain after spasm
- Lumbar stenosis and pregnancy
- Back pain broken rib
- Lower back pain after fall
- Facial twitching caused by vitamin deficency
- Heartbeat suddenly speeds up
- Marijuana cause vitamin deficiencies
- Back pain and rib pain
- Tablets that can cause death
- Can sinus cause death