Why am I getting back pain spasms and pain in ribs after a fall?

I'm 6-2. weigh 195 lbs. A few days ago, I fell backwards and hit my head on concrete. Got a bump about the size of a tangerine. A few days later, the ribs on my right side started hurting real bad and now I'm getting back pain spasms as well. What's going on?
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Rib/chest/spine injury when falling,need exams.. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for sharing your concerns with XXXXXXX You are saying to fell backwards a few days ago and now, the ribs on your right side started hurting real bad. This is because, when you fell, your back had a trauma and perhaps you did not take proper care (like applying cold clothing to the back and/or taking acetaminophen for the pain). Another cause could be a possible hematoma showed up after falling. Therefore, I strongly suggest to get checked by a neurologist and to do chest X-ray to exclude/localize possible hematoma (blood accumulation). Once again, I strongly suggest to consult a neurologist to exclude further damaged due to falling and to take proper measures in time. All the best! Take care! Dr.Alba Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!