Why am I feeling tired with left iliac fossa pain and bloating?

I have had constant left iliac fossa pain for 3 months with some bloating and stomach pains and i'm becoming very worried
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Directed Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query Important details are missing for a good opinion like your age, gender any other medical conditions. Left iliac fossa houses the sigmoid colon and pain at this site could be secondary to - 1) Diseases of the sigmoid colon like diverticulitis 2) Secondary to hernias 2) Rarely ureteric issues 4) Tubo-ovarian issues in females Any of these can be associated with pain and bloating. The differential depends on the age and sex of the subject, description of the symptoms, associated symptoms and a good examination. Hence discuss these with your doctor and plan further. You may come back to me with elaborate details. Regards Dr XXXXXXX
Follow-up: Why am I feeling tired with left iliac fossa pain and bloating? 6 hours later
Thank you. I am female and 31. I also experience bloating and general abdominal discomfort all day from waking. The pelvic pain never stops. I have had a pelvic scan which showed no cysts etc. Bowel movements are about one a day but paler and looser than usual, this is all about 3 months now. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 21 hours later
Brief Answer: Answered Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the follow up A normal ultrasound rules out tubo-ovarian and to certain extent any ureteric issues. Some abnormality with the stools could point towards a sigmoid issue. Hence get yourself a stool routine examination on three consequtive days and meet your doctor Regards Dr XXXXXXX