Why am I feeling tightness, burning muscle in chest and arm when I am excited and stressed?

is it normal when i am excited, stressed, sad , to feel annoyments to my chest,left shoulder,left arm/leg, like tighness, muscle burning etc? i will give you an example 2 days i go, i was going to have sex with my wife, and because of the excitement starting burning left shoulder and upper left chest. While sex all good.
I donot feel those symptoms when i excercise but some my throat is like closing with slim. I man 34 years old, with asthma,not severe. When i eat some how also feel bloated and somehow difficult to breath.
Thank you
Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 4 hours later
Hi and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your question...

It is not normal to have the specific set of symptops which you have mentioned during times of excitement or stress. However, it could be possible that these symptoms are anxiety-related manifestations. But I would suggest that you first have a complete medical evaluation, including a thorough physical examination and basic investigations, in order to rule out any serious medical cause.

The bloated sensation after food could be due to an acid peptic disease. Timely, regular meals and avoiding spicy, oily food, alcohol, smoking, etc. can all help in such cases. Sometimes, medication, like antacids or anti-ulcer medication may be required.

So, please consult a doctor for a detailed evaluation.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Follow-up: Why am I feeling tightness, burning muscle in chest and arm when I am excited and stressed? 15 minutes later
What kind of exams i must have and what kind of problems are related with this symptoms?
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 13 hours later
Hi again and thanks for writing in.

You will first need a thorough physical examination in order to plan further investigations. The examination should include a full neurological examination (to check if you sensory or motor nervous system has any problems)

You may need investigations like complete blood count, blood sugar, creatinine / urea, liver function tests, a chest x-ray and an ECG.

Your set of symptoms do not clearly fit into any particular medical diagnosis, but could be indicative of a nervous problem (like a peripheral 'neuropathy'), cardiac problem or an anxiety-related problem. Sometimes, certain systemic disorders like diabetes, can also present with such vague symptoms. A proper physical examination will give more clues and direction to the diagnosis.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar