Why am I feeling throbbing sensation close to underarm area?

Jan 2013

Hi, I've been feeling a slight throb or shirt burst of slight pain under my left peck toward closer to my underarm area. What could this be?
Posted Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 26 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.
Let me know associated symptoms along with pain.
Do you have fever/ breathlessness/ cough with sputum?
Do you have any pain while moving your neck?
Do you have any history of localized injury?
What is your fasting & postprandial blood sugar level?

There could be possibility of muscle ache/ C4 radiculopathy/ chest infection.
Skin Area () Also called as dermatome) is supplied by C4 radicles and originate in between the cervical (neck) vertebrae.
There may also be possibility of diabetic neuropathy (as you have positive family history) as complication.

As there is no correlation between past history of appendicitis and present body ache.
Let me know the meaning of "mild water pill for blood pressure".

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist and should go for through check up.
You should go for chest x XXXXXXX cervical spine x XXXXXXX blood sugar both fasting and blood sugar.
You should take muscle relaxants and drugs for neuropathic pain under guidance of your treating doctor.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava