Why am I feeling swelling on head?

yes, I just put on a baseball cap that I wore 2 days ago. The hat has not been washed, and I have short hair but did not get a hair cut in the past week. the hat has always been a little too big, but when I put it on today it is very, very tight on my head. It feels like my head is swollen what could cause this?
Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later

You mentioned head injury three years ago and depression. I would like to know, are you on any treatment for depression. Please do not mistake me. Your problem may be related to side effects of medication, if you are taking any.

As you mentioned 2 days ago the hat fitted you but not today may not too important. The possibility of adverse drug effect is not that strong. The possibility that you are under treated. I do not think a hair cut is the issue as well. If you feel so you may try getting it done and retry wearing the same hat.

Please give me a detailed history of any medication you are on. You may wish to XXXXXXX your treating physician once, he must be able to notice apparent swelling if any.
Hope I answered your query.

Feel free to ask, if you have any further doubts.

Thank you.