Why am I feeling stiffness around triceps and shoulders after sitting for a long?

I suddenly feel stiff on my right side around triceps and shoulders. Usually during morning or sit for long on chair.
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Baheti 12 hours later
Hello! Can you be more elaborate, what you mean by stiff. Is it feeling of tightness or some pulling sensation? is it circumferential or only on posterior half? Do you feel your right arm is weak? Any problem with sensations? Any problem with right shoulder? Any history of neck pain?
Any history of trauma, fall in past.
How much time this stiffness lasts?
Is there pain while moving right shoulder?
Similiar complaint in any othe rbody part?
Going into above details only i will be able to reach to some conclusion and help you out accordingly.

Best wishes,
Dr. Neeraj Baheti
Follow-up: Why am I feeling stiffness around triceps and shoulders after sitting for a long? 11 hours later
Its feeling of tightness.
It is stagnant across right side from ribs to shoulder
Right arm does not feel weak. Its more like cramps
No problem with sensations.
No known history of pain. Yes but feel neck pain may be because of sleeping posture
No history of trauma or fall in past
Stiffness lasts for about 30-45 seconds
No pain in shoulder on regular basis. But not tried moving my body during this pain
NO complaint in any other body part till now
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Baheti 6 hours later
It seems to be neuralgic pain and or cramps. you get yourself evaluated by local neurologist. He wall have a detailed evaluation and if needed he may ask for MR imaging of spine and or vitamin E.

Wishing good health,