Why am I feeling sore throat? How to get relief?

Every day around 4pm i get a sore throat that lasts all night when i wake in the morning my throat is fine untill around 4pm and is sore again

what could this be
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for posting the query
Your problem is little different and occur with fix time. There are number of causes for sore throat like bacterial or viral infection, GERD, ear or nose problem. As your symptoms get started around 4 PM, in my opinion it could be due to:
1. Allergic reaction: The allergy may be due to your work related profile, dust, house mines or outside environmental allergens. Keep yourself protected from allergens and try some antihistamines like Cetirizine to get rid from it.
2. Stress: Stress is a major cause of such type of feeling. Relax your mind, do regular exercise and meditation for that. Consult your Psychiatrist if symptoms are worse. He can prescribe you some mood refresher medication.

Other measures you can try at home are: do regular lukewarm water gargles, avoid cold drinks and water and avoid oily and spicy food.
It is better to take an ENT specialist opinion if they find anything abnormal with your throat. Follow the advice of your doctor and go for some investigation like swap test for any infection if needed.
Hope I have answered your query. Write back if you have any related queries.
Best Wishes and have a speedy recovery.
Dr. Kulbir Singh