Why am I feeling sick and dizzy after taking norflaxocin for suspected urine infection?

Was prescribed norflaxocin a week ago for suspected urine infection. Took 3 tablets and then felt very sick and unwell hence I stopped taking them. Returned to see another doctor who told me that my urine was clear and that I had not needed antibiotics in the first place. Still feeling unwell, but with no temperature, no real aches and pains. Just still queasy and occasional a bit dizzy and no energy. Just arrived in Australia a week ago for 6 weeks holiday with daughter and family and just want to feel right again. Any ideas? Many thanks
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: A short course of anti-anxiety drug will help Detailed Answer: Hi Mrs. XXXX, Thanks for your query. You have not mentioned the symptoms on the basis of which a diagnosis of urine infection was made. I guess you may have been having frequent urge to pass urine. In the absence of symptoms, specific to any ailment, it is possible that you have acute mental anxiety or stress. If that is the case, a short course of anti-anxiety drug will bring you back to normal. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal