Why am I feeling nausea and back pain after marriage?

Sep 2012

Hi, I got recently married and since last two weeks I felt like nausea and cramping too. Today I got my periods but I am still feeling nausea and severe back pain. Why is it so?
Posted Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 31 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, these symptoms you described indicates some possibilities – hyperacidity / migraine attack / premenstrual syndrome / a spontaneous miscarriage etc.

Hyperacidity is the most common common cause of this type of nausea. But, in that case, cramping is rare. In a migraine attack, you may experience both. In premenstrual syndrome, these are common with presence of emotional disturbances. A spontaneous miscarriage is also a possibility. It is quite common in newly married couples. Nothing to worry about right now.

For the back pain, you can take a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agent like diclofencac. It is very helpful. For vomiting, just take an ondansetron group of drug. Take a pantoprazole group of drug. If you have any history of migraine, take prochlorperazine group of drug.

Lastly, you should visit a gynecologist for clinical examination and also for a detailed prescription. You may need a thorough investigation depending upon the clinical examination.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.