Why am I feeling nausea, abdominal pain and have loose stool?

General Surgeon
Hi there, I have been getting waves of nausea throughout day (although I havent been sick), some abdominal pain and very loose stools in the morning for the last 10 days. I have been eating a healthy fibre XXXXXXX diet..
Posted Sun, 10 Feb 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 25 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms can appear due to pregnancy, peptic ulcers, gallstones, pancreas disease or stress and IBS. Peptic ulcers do give upper middle abdominal pain, which usually starts after a meal, nausea and chest burning also appears.
Gallstones and pancreas diseases give upper middle and right abdomen pain which radiates to the back. Lose stools can also appear.
It is advisable for you to have some diagnostics. Abdominal ultrasound, full blood work, liver tests (AST.ALT,GGTP), amylase, bilirubin, urine analysis and pregnancy test should be performed. If no findings the next step should be upper GI endoscopy.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.