Why am I feeling hot in cold weather?

my daughter, who is 40 years old is constantly hot,, for example,, I went to visit last week and the outside temperature was in the low 50's and she had her heat thermostat set at 55. She also had all the windows open, and was wearing shorts and a tank top... her husband had a ski cap and heavy sweater and scarf around his neck.. this is not something new,, she has been like this for years
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Considered to be perfectly normal sir/ma'am Detailed Answer: Hello sir/ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Body temperature is usually regulated by many factors like subcutaneous fat, metabolic rate, etc. So different individuals have different tolerance levels. Although the mean body temperature is said to be around 98.6 degrees F, this does not really have much to do with the external temperature tolerance. In fact, if she lives in a cold country then this could prove to be really advantageous for her, as she should be able to tolerate the cold climate and do so in a healthy manner. You need not worry about her at all, this would be considered normal, and I would in fact encourage her to continue with the active lifestyle she has that has just the right amount of exercise and the perfect diet in it. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.