Why am I feeling hot in cold weather?

My Daughter who is 40 years old is constantly hot. I went to visit last week and the temperature outside was 50 degrees, she had the heat set at 55 and all the windows open, and she was wearing shorts and a tank top... her husband had a heavy sweater, scarf and ski hat on... can this be a sign of some physical problem?
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Rule out hormonal disorder Detailed Answer: Dear mother, Thanks for your query. Different people may have different thermostats for body temperature, so if she has ALWAYS been like that, that may be her baseline. Here in MN we would probably be wearing flip flops too at 50 degrees (joke... but true many times!). However, if it represents a change from before, hormonal disorders such as early menopause symptoms or excess thyroid function should be ruled out. Hope that is helpful, wish you the best, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD Mayo Clinic MN