Why am I feeling dizzy and nauseous while walking after having breakfast?

ENT Specialist
for the second time in two weeks after a walk on the beach after breakfast bending over many times to pick up sea shells or sharks teeth I became very dizzy to the point of almost faling over with being nausea and throwing up a lot with an acid the unsteadyness last a shorter time after a much shorter walk. Both times after eating a fried breakfast. I am on a bridgeless Little Gasparilla Island. On Sundays we have a fried breakfast xdone in Coconut oil. We are both over sixty six, I am the only one affected
Posted Sat, 2 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 45 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. From your description, the cause of your dizziness seems to be gastritis.

2. Another cause may be changes in blood pressure after repeatedly bending down.

3. A bland diet and anti-reflux medication may help calm down the gastritis (acidity).

4. Nausea and vomiting are symptoms associated in dizziness due to a wide variety of causes.

5. Hence I would advise a direct examination by a Neurotologist to rule out any central cause for the dizziness. Certain tests for abnormal eye movements and gait testing can only be done under direct observation. The entire detailed history and examination should take no more than 15-20 minutes.

6. Is your dizziness rotational (true vertigo) or only unsteadiness? Do you get the same dizziness while going to sleep, turning in your sleep or on getting up? If, not, then it is unlikely to be positional. Do you take your blood pressure medication with breakfast?

7. I must emphasize that there is no cause for worry. However, given your age, I would suggest a Neurotologist's opinion.

I hope I have answered your query. Please reply back with the answers and I will be able to help you further.