Why am I feeling dizzy and losing my balance?

About 2 weeks ago I noticed that I started getting very dizzy and losing my balance when I stood or sat up. It is getting worse and I noticed the room was spinning when I first woke up and sat up in bed this morning.
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: BPPV. Epley and Semont Manure. BP. Sugar, ECG Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. There are plenty of causes for dizziness. Some common causes are 1. Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo 2. Infection or inflammation in inner ear or other inner ear problems 3. Cardiac arrhythmia or sudden drop in blood pressure. It is very difficult to identify the cause of dizziness without proper history, Physical examination and investigations. Whether you had any fever recently? Whether you are on any medication? what drugs? any previous history of similar problems in past? Do you have any heart palpitation or cardiac disease? Do you had any head injury either recently or in past? History of any ear discharge? other ear infection? Further you need through general examination and ear examination to identify the exact cause? If dizziness occurs in any particular posture, then it may be due to BPPV. It can be easily diagnosed by some manure and it can be treated easily by manure called sement and epley manure. please do the following procedure and reply. 1. Consult ENT physician for manure. this is essential to diagnose the BPPV. 2. Check your blood pressure 3. Electrocardiogram 4. blood sugar 5. serum electrolytes 6. audiometry Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.