Why am I feeling cold and having body weakness after a flight journey?

I had flew last week but still body weak and I feel cold . what to do
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: May be post viral weakness , rule out hypothermia Detailed Answer: Dear Sir Thanks for sharing with us. Weakness after a viral infection , or flu may persist a little longer. You may consider taking a multivitamin for general well being. If you have severe weakness you may consider getting an evaluation done by investigations like: 1. Haemogram to see for anemia. 2. Liver Function tests to rule out any jaundice. A few infections , which presents like viral / flu , can also cause jaundice. You need these investigations only if you are feeling too much weak. Regarding feeling cold , it can be a part of normal body response to environmental temperature.But you may just check your temperature once , to rule out Hypothermia. (rectal temperature is preferred but not feasible at home , so go for oral temperature). Follow routine precautions to avoid catching cold in this weather. I hope i am able to solve your query , still if you have any , you may ask me. Stay healthy.
Follow-up: Why am I feeling cold and having body weakness after a flight journey? 41 minutes later
my temp. is fine but I feel cold . what should I do?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Get your thyroid profile test done Detailed Answer: It might be related to weather changes. Excessive feeling of cold can also be a symptom of hypothyroidism. You may get your thyroid profile to be sure of this. If you don't have a further query , you may please close the discussion and rate it.