Why am I feeling anxious of getting cold?

I am feeling quite anxious about getting acold as i have so much on my plate for the next few days a friend of mine gave me an ativan and i am thinking of taking it --thoughts
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Lorazepam for cold? Not at all. for anxiety a psyc Detailed Answer: Good Day Mr XXXX! Thank you for asking. I am Dr S Khan and i would like to help you with your anxiety for a simple cold. Mr XXXXXXX i want you to know that Cold is very innocuous thing and simple treatment of decongestion with some hot beverages would suffice. Now Ativan on other hand is an anxiety drug containing lorazepam which should never be used by just the simple recommendation of a friend. If you think you need some anxiety relief as i can understand with age of 61 and alot on the plate needs some back up relief so yes you have the right to remain anxiety free but this is not the way. Seeking help of a psychiatrist and getting examined with therapy session followed by a constant touch would be a better option. SO my advice, Say no to Ativan unless Recommended by a psychiatrist and not a friend. Hope Mr XXXXXXX this answer finds you in good health. Take some very good care of yourself and please close the discussion and rate the answer as per your experience. Regards Dr S Khan