Why am I feeling anxiety when I am hungry?

I am suffuring from anxity, when i am hungry. After 3 hours of meal, iam feel serious anxity, but after meal iam feel good, no anxity, its symstom more in 11.30am to 3.30pm
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
Anxiety is a common phenomenon that changes in the course of time. It is very important making an appropriate diagnosis, before considering any therapeutic options for this disorder. I would love to know if your physician has ever made the diagnosis of anxiety to you before. If yes, have you been managed before for anxiety? Any family history of anxiety, depression of any psychiatric disorder?

Excessive worry when hungry should be managed with caution. For now, I think you might not need any drugs for a start. A better planning of the time you eat and what you eat could be of great help. Eating too much or easily feeling hungry is a call for concern for you to a diabetes screen to exclude this condition.

When anxiety is formerly diagnosed, usually preferably by a psychiatrist, other psychiatric conditions are also usually screened for. Treatment in your case shall involve better planning of your meals after exclusion of diabetes, developing a positive vision and view towards life, exercise, psychological support from your psychologist.

If it’s really becoming an issue, I suggest a formal consultation with a psychiatrist and psychologist, screening for diabetes and adherence to medication.
Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you the best of luck. Should you need any further advice, I am here to support.

Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Follow-up: Why am I feeling anxiety when I am hungry? 10 hours later
I am not diabetic, i check my blood sugar, sevral time but not, its never found after meal 110
No family history of anxity,
I feel panic attack in middle of day (noon), i take breakfast at 9am, but i feel hungury after 3 hours, and after 4hours, i suffering from serious anxity, i take my lounch at 1pm, and after take lounch, i feel good with in 30 minuts, no anxity at all,....and after take lounch at 1pm, i take dinner at 8pm after 7 hours, in between not feel any anxity, and condition of job i can not eat frequently............? I am vegitarion, not take alcohal etc.
I feel acid reflax, in empty stomuch
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 31 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the extra clarifications,

I strongly feel that you might certainly need some anti anxiety drugs and may be a session which a medical psychologist.

I suggest you book an appointment with a psychiatrist for a complete evaluation.

Thanks and best regards,

Dr Luchuo, MD.