Why am I facing back pain while moving on two wheeler?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
i am facing back pain while moving much on two wheeler
Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 36 minutes later

According to the clinical history provided the back pain could be part of a mechanical back pain complex of symptoms. This mechanical back pain is caused due to bad posture at work, long work-hours in particular position, lack of proper sleep or healthy diet as well.

I suggest you to try back strengthening exercises by extension of the back muscles which can be taught by your Orthopedician or Physiotherapist. This will help to relieve the possible muscle spasm which causes the pain. One must also rule out inflammatory disorders, for which I recommend you to get a X-ray of your spine after consulting with an Orthopedician. MRI can be taken in case you have any nerve compression symptoms or as deemed necessary by your Orthopedician.

After a thorough physical examination by your Orthopedician, you may be prescribed pain killers and/or muscle relaxants which should give you relief. Physiotherapy may also be advised if necessary. I would suggest you to try swimming as this will help most in back conditions.

Avoid weight bearing exercises. Do only mild aerobics which does not put your back to strain.

Eat a diet XXXXXXX in fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, nuts, milk, eggs, pulses and cereals. Drink 1-2 litres of water daily. Do brisk walking exercise for 40 minutes daily. Get 6-8 hours of refreshing sleep daily.

Hope this will help you.

Wishing you good health...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.