Why am I experiencing twitching and pain in thumb and knuckle?

Last night while watching a movie I began to get a twitching pain in my left thumb from the base to the knuckle. They lasted only a split second, but might have had 8or 10in a few minutes. They stopped but I experienced the same twitches later while sleeping
Posted Sat, 8 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 32 minutes later

Such muscle twitching are generally harmless and don't need treatment. Common causes are exercise, unusual physical activity, holding fingers in one position for long, electrolyte imbalance, dehydration, intermittently pinched nerve or blood vessel, medications, deficiencies, stress etc. They are rarely related to nervous system diseases.

So, if this doesn't occur repeatedly or other symptoms giving suspicion of nervous system disorder doesn't occur, then I think there is nothing to worry about it.

Hope this answers your question. Please ask if there are doubts.