Why am I experiencing skipped beats and extra beats while lying down or after eating?

General Surgeon
I am currently experiencing skipped beats and extra beats whenever lying down or after eating. I have had this for sometime thru out my life but here recently it has gotten more often almost daily. trying to relax or rest seems to bring it on more often. last night I rested with no symptoms for almost 8 hours. But today it started 1 hour after waking and I can't get it to stop. Position has something to do with it. If I stand the symptons will stop. Sitting brings it on. Any suggestions? I have been diagnosed with GERD and had my esophagus dialated Nov 2012. I also had 3 EKG's Last year that came back normal. I also saw three doctors that listened to my heart and said they could not detect anything wrong. Could this have something to do with the vegal nerve? Eating sure seems to bring this on.BP 130/90 Pulse 72 irregular.
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Vagal atrial fibrillation. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. You are right. Vagal nerve hyperactivity can cause AF (atrial fibrillation). This is noticeable especially after a meal or during the night(when lying down). This is rare condition, but should be known to cardiologists (here is an article about it , WWW.WWWW.WW tw/db/Jour/1/0000/1.pdf , you may show it to your doctor). To diagnose such condition, regular EKG is not enough. You should have Holters 24 hours EKG. In the treatment of it, Disopyramide is known to be effective. Please consult your cardiologist. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.