Why am I experiencing painful paresthesia in the legs and feet?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Is there a benign reasons for experiencing excruciating paresthesia in the legs and feet following a long soak in a hot/warm bath? The pain, including pins and needs and itching (with no rash) is so intense that I find myself squatting down and just hold my legs for a few minutes until it passes. This has been an on going problem for me for years, and now I just avoid taking a bath or getting in hot tubs. I recently had a physical so I know by CBC count and basic metabolic panel labs are all normal. I've also has labs for RA and SLE due to (still) unexplained joint pains at the age of 26. Both my XXXXXXX , sedimentary rate, and RA factor are normal. Debating if I should bring this up at my next Doc.. at this point I think they may think I'm a paranoid/crazy health practitioner.
Posted Fri, 28 Dec 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
The paresthesias you are feeling can be due to mild spinal nerve root compression due to the posture or sitting on a hard surface. It can also result from electrolyte imbalance like calcium or magnesium deficiency. You can get a few blood tests done to detect the cause. Do discuss it with your doctor on your next visit.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.