Why am I experiencing pain in my right testicle after sex?

After sex I experienced pain in the right testicle. When I felt the right testicle it was slightly swollen. (I also experienced slight pain in the lower abdomen. This lasted a couple of minutes.) The sore testicle lasted 30 minutes after ejaculation. The sex was lengthy which included a hand job for 30 minutes, we stopped and went upstairs then proceed to have sex. What are the causes for this? Should I see a doctor or a sexual health clinic? I have never experienced this pain before and don't suffer from pain in the testicles in normal condition.
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Folowup Detailed Answer: thank you for sending your question. This is a very good I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations. Actually it is very common to experience testicular discomfort with sexual activity. suspect the reason you're experiencing discomfort is related to your recent sexual encounter. I expect your sentence to slowly improve over time. If you do not experience gradual improvement you should talk to your doctor. Sometimes anti-inflammatory medications are needed to help improve pain. I would recommend you try warm soaking in the bathtub for 15 or 20 minutes and see if that helps for a few days. this does not sound like something that is worrisome or progressive. If however you experience symptoms that are persistent or if the symptoms get worse please talk to your doctor. Thank you again for sending your question and sharing your health care concern with us. Dr. Galamaga
Follow-up: Why am I experiencing pain in my right testicle after sex? 13 minutes later
Hi thanks for your reply. 30 minutes after encounter I had zero pain in testicle. 2 hours later I masterbated. I ejaculated without any pain whatsoever. I haven't experienced this pain before. I was just worried std wise if this could be related. Would an STD be painful more than a one off occasion?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Consideration Detailed Answer: Thank you for sending the follow-up. I doubt you have a sexually transmitted infection but if you are concerned about this possibility you should report to the local health department or local physician for a comprehensive sexually transmitted disease testing battery. Sexual transmitted diseases can sometimes have no symptoms at all and for this reason I think you should get tested for year-old health and peace of mind. Sincerely, Dr. G