Why am I experiencing pain and discomfort near clitoris after having oral sex?

Oncologist
Question
Hello, I just received oral sex for the first time two days ago and since then have been experiencing some pain and discomfort in the region with the clitoris and wonder what that could be
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Followup Detailed Answer: hello and thank you for sending the question. There are a couple of considerations. One consideration is that this could represent a bladder or urinary tract infection. this might also be just inflammation of the tissue which should heal over time. You might try soaking in a warm bath for 15 or 20 minutes for the next couple of days to see if that helps. I would not try to put any cream in that area at this point as this can sometimes make it worse. hope this helps you with your health concern. Please let us know if we can be of any additional assistance. Dr. G