Ask a Urologist   »  

Why am I experiencing lower abdominal pain during urination?

Hi I am a 25 year old male that has a little pain in lower left abdominal area and going to the toilet more often then usual? The urine is normal colour and doesn't hurt when urinating
Posted Tue, 1 Jan 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 2 hours later
Dear Sir,

You certainly need to be investigated further. You need to get urine analysis and ultrasound KUB (Kidney , Ureter, Bladder) done. It could be an infection, stone or growth in the urinary tract. This can be confirmed only after a physical examination and investigations.

Till you get the investigations done and see a doctor, you should start yourself on cranberry juice. It shall provide you temporary relief.

Hope I have been able to guide you in the right direction. Let me know if you have any further queries.

Rajiv Goel