Why am I experiencing hip pain at night?

I have hip pain in both hips at night particularly the side I am lying on.
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Need some more information Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing on XXXXXXX I have thoroughly read your question and deeply understand your concern. In my opinion hip pain at night needs medical supervision and needs evaluation.In my opinion this might be due to a fracture since you have a medical history of osteopenia. This needs to be ruled out by getting an X ray. Do you experience pain during walking? Does your pain worsen during day time with activity? Do you limp? Feel free to share your health information. Happy to help.Keep us posted.