Ask a Urologist   »  

Why am I experiencing difficulty in passing urine?

Dr. I am unable to pass urine (pee). It is midnight and I do not want to get out until morning. Is there anything that I can do to imake myself pee
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Only 2 home remedies available sir Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. I would like to start by saying that if you have the urgency to pass urine and can feel a full bladder, yet are unable to pass urine, then the cause will have to be looked up at the earliest ans your bladder will have to be emptied with the help of a catheterization. But as mentioned by you, if it is very important that you do not leave home till morning then you could try to place a hot bag on your lower abdomen for a while, this should help. If at all this also does not work then please try to make some lukewarm (temperature you can tolerate) water flow on your genitals which should also help. These are the only two home remedies available sir. If these do not work, then please visit a hospital/clinic at the earliest, without further ado. Taking your age into consideration, a prostate ultrasound would be recommended and so catheterization at the hospital should be conducted by skilled personnel in order to avoid damage to the possibly enlarged prostate. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative sir. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help. Best wishes.