Why am I experiencing delay in periods even after taking complete course of Oxyn, Ovigyn DSR, Trufol and Novelon?

Infertility Specialist
I am suffering with Hypothyroid from past 13 years and PCod from 8 years, sometimes i dont get periods at all for months.Now my situation is like that if i take birth contraceptive pills only then i get my periods. I have consulted an Infertility specialist in Hyderabad for my treatment. She has prescribed me the following medicines. 1.Oxyn -24 - 1 Capsules for 30 Days. 2.Ovigyn DSR - 1 Capsules for 30 Days. 3.Trufol - Tab for 30 Days 4. Novelon for 21 days to get periods. She told me to contact her after i get me period on 3rd day. It is been 7 days i amd done with novelon 21 days tablets taken, but still i have not got my period. Please suggest.I have taken the Ovigyn dsr,oxyn,trufol along with novelon days.I am really worried.
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Investigations Detailed Answer: Hi, It is common to have long periods of amenorrhea in PCOD.. 1) If you are not getting periods after takeing novalon you need to take higher dose of estrogen and progesterone pills. Please visit a doctor for the prescription. 2) Are there any investigations done? Like FSH, AMH etc..Then please send me the report. Attach scan pictures if available. 3) If you are living in Bangalore please consult infertility specialist in bangalore. No need to travel to hyderabad as its far. Let me know if you have any more questions. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility Specialist
Follow-up: Why am I experiencing delay in periods even after taking complete course of Oxyn, Ovigyn DSR, Trufol and Novelon? 5 minutes later
Thanks for your early reply. So will it happen or again i have to take novelon higher dose tablets. Is there any medicine to get periods regular. I heard that if any person takes hypothyroid related medicine she/he will have bone related problems later they will face heart related problems.So any supplement can be taken alongwith the thyroid medication i am taking 125 MCG thyronorm. Kindly reply. Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Calcium Detailed Answer: Hi, You can take calcium suppliments to strengthen bones. Take estrogen and progesterone tablets separately rather than high dose of novelon. This prescription can be given only by a doctor. If you stay in bangalore you can visit me. If in hyderabad visit your doctor. Dont concentrate on getting regular periods only. Since you are already 32 please try for pregnancy fast as your age is increasing. Do try to loose weight if you are overweight. Take metformin with doctor's prescription. Regards