Why am I coughing mucosa lump with dry throat?

I keep coughing up a mucosae lump a little reddish or brown around the edges of the sticky lump that get's stuck in my throat. It makes my throat sore until I get it up and out! It happens maybe three to four times a month. when you look @ it you can see it has been stuck to something the throat. Also my mouth stays very dry! Doctor can you tell me what's going on?
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Dryness of throat Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. The kind of cough and sputum that you are describing suggest that your throay is dry. This causes the normal mucous to be come sticky and needs efforts like repeated cough to bring that out. Repeated cough causes trauma leading to the blood tinged mucosa. If it is occuring rarely as you have mentioned , it is unlikely to be related to infection. Try deep steam inhalation and drink plenty of water daily and use lozenges regularly. These will keep your throat hydrated. Also try avoiding smoke if you are using it. If you are on any daily meds , we need to review them. Your symptoms may be some adverse effects of any of the drugs you are taking. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.