Why I am out of breath and lower blood pressure after a hot long shower?

Why I am out of breath n lower blood pressure after a hot long shower? Do u consider me a heart problem patient?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

A long hot shower causes peripheral vasodilatation and pooling of blood in the legs. This must have caused the symptoms of shortness of breath and a low blood pressure. In your case, if it was a single episode and has not recurred again, then there is no need to be worried. In case if the symptoms are recurrent, the cause needs to be identified.

Although these symptoms per se are not diagnostic of a heart problem but a routine screening is definitely recommended to detect any cardiac pathology early.

Hence you would benefit by consulting your primary doctor and getting evaluated with a few tests as mentioned below - ‎

‎1. Complete blood counts
‎2. ECG (Electrocardiogram) in all leads with a rhythm strip in lead 2.
3. Lipid profile, blood sugar (Fasting and Post prandial), HBA1C (Glycosylated Hemoglobin).
4. Thyroid function tests.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.