Whom should I consult for a soft tissue lump on my upper right clavicle?

What type of md should I see for a soft tissue lump on my upper right clavicle
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 18 minutes later

Soft tissue lump on the clavicle is most likely to be an enlarged lymph node. For this, a FNAB (fine needle aspiration biopsy) of the lymph nodes is the best test for diagnosis.

FNAB is aspiration of the material of the glands which is done by a fine gauge needle. This will confirm the diagnosis, as swollen neck glands are often caused by an infection, allergic reactions, rarely cancer or metabolic diseases.

Also an evaluation of the size, shape, consistency would help in giving a better picture.

You can consider visiting a General Surgeon for evaluation.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have follow up queries.