Whitish patch on body, was injured there, worse when scratched. Ointment to recover?

i have whitish patch on my left hand elbow and right leg near knee........actually i was hurt on these part.......after i fell from bike........i had some minor scratches(wounds) which got heeled in time.........but after it got healed..... after i removed the hard top layer over them.....white patches remained.........currently from couple of month i have having itchy feeling on them and whenever i scratch them they become whitish and i think the patch area is increasing......kinldy help me with the necessary ointment to recover
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 2 hours later

With the description, I think you have post trauma hypo pigmentation. It is not a disease as you describe it.

My suggestion is to use a good emollient like Venusia XXXXXXX cream twice daily over the affected area. It is available over the counter at the pharmacy. Take the pictures or measure the patch before the start this cream. You may monitor the progress.

Also it will help me if you can upload a picture of your lesion, with the help of upload feature available on the right hand side of the query page.

Dr. Gaurang Krishna, MD