Whitening hair, hair loss. Is there any remedy to control white hair and hair loss?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi, I am facing problem of white hair and hair loss for past six months, As I am staying In chennai many says its due to water. But pl clarify the reason. Is any remedy can be taken to control the white hair and hair loss??. Its making me to feel more stress.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 2 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX,

Greying of hair can be age related, due to vitamin deficiency or hereditary.

If your parent suffered from early greying of hair, then the chances of you having grey hair early in your life are more.

You are 22 and hence age related greying is not a possibility in your case.

Nutritional deficiency of biotin, selenium and calcium pentothenate can cause greying and you can take a supplement containing these minerals and vitamins. You need to take it for atleast 3 months before getting any visible benefits.

Water has no role in causing greying and is only a myth.

There are many reasons for hair fall too like stress, nutritional deficiencies, drugs, hormones like testosterone, etc. Hair loss is temporary if the cause is physical and mental stress, recovers completely once the stress has been removed.

It needs evaluation by a Dermatologist to find the exact cause, and the treatment follows according to cause. Till then, take well balanced diet especially XXXXXXX in proteins.

Hope I have answered your query to satisfaction. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Regards.

Dr.Rohit Batra

Follow-up: Whitening hair, hair loss. Is there any remedy to control white hair and hair loss? 22 minutes later
ok Doctor. Thanks for your immediate reply. But, I am following same type of food for past two to four years, But white hair problem happened just before 6 - 8 months. Even for my father it happend after his 45th age only. If it Incase of stress, I am sleeping 7 hours almost every day. Not facing any other stress. Give me ur some more suggestions and What type vegetales I should prefer for vitamins enrichment??

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX.

Thanks for writing back.

Deficiency can occur anytime and there is no need to worry.

Eat more of XXXXXXX leafy vegetables with good amount of proteins.

Take the nutritional supplements as prescribed earlier.

I hope, this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Wish you good health.

Regards.

Dr.Rohit Batra

Follow-up: Whitening hair, hair loss. Is there any remedy to control white hair and hair loss? 13 hours later
Thanks for your suggestion. Can you prescribe name of XXXXXXX leaf vegetables which will overcome this problems, Also Can you suggest some fruits for this problem??

Dear XXXXXXX,
XXXXXXX leafy vegetables include spinach, cabbage, Fenugreek leaves, broccoli etc.

You can take oranges, XXXXXXX banana, guava, pears etc.

Please accept my answer if satisfied.

Dr.Rohit Batra