White with darker pigmentation on penis. Size and prominence increasing, painless. Advice?

I am 34 yrs old male. For about 3-4 weeks i have noticed two white patches of white colour with slightly darker pigmentation in the centre appearinng oon my penis............the size and prominence has been increasinng......need urgent advice of what it could be, whom should i refer to and anything else.
the marks do not pain neither is there any powdery substance.......
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 40 hours later

Patchy lesions on the penis specially ones which are lighter in complexion compared to the surrounding skin are usually due to fungal infections.

Most of times the lesions are not associated with itching or scalyness in the initial stage. If not treated can become itchy and scaly then there will be increased risk of local spread.

I suggest you to apply MICONAZOLE ointment over the affected part twice daily for a week. If not subsided then you may have to consult a Dermatalogist who can examine and if needed do a biopsy to find out the cause and treat accordingly.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.