White tongue,bump,lumps,yellow veins,lymph edema

My name is XXXXXXX and I will like to ask you : Today in the morning I look at tongue and I saw something very strange .Tongue is bit white and in the end I saw rush ( bump -the rush color is same as tongue color (pink bit white) )and on side is little lump (very tiny and sticking out )
it is very hard to explain :)
The color inside and around mouth is kind of yellow and full of little small veins ,
The skin inside month feels as there is many bumps but i cant see any.
This week i got strange symptoms / Yesterday I was pleased for help in here ,you can see it in history).

I worry so much...
More I worry more i look over internet -I get anxious and even more sick .......

,I got lymph edema 4 years ago(it makes my life difficult ) and I hope it is not cancer or something like that ,,,,

btw: Today I clean the sinus infection with salty water maybe I irritate something? ...hope so
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.

Your question is a very good one and I will try to provide you with information and recommendations regarding the symptoms you are experiencing.

Regarding the changes in your mouth. There are a couple of possibilities here. The first consideration would be the possibility that you may have a mild fungal infection inside the mouth. This can sometimes create changes in color of the Tonga as well as the soft tissue inside the mouth. This is usually very easy to treat with antifungal medication.

The other possibility is that the changes you are seeing our representative of a viral infection. This generally is self limited and will usually go away within a few days. Sometimes a mild viral infection can cause inflammation of the toms as well as the tissue in the mouth.

Let me reassure you that the changes you are seeing do not necessarily indicate some very worrisome type of process. I do not think this is the early signs of any type of cancer at all.

I recommend that you consider seeing you or doctor agrees you may need to get a prescription for antifungal medication.

Thank you again for submitting your question . I hope you found my response to be both helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns regarding this question I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga