White thin skin protruding from vulva since years, growing. What is it? What can be done?

a white thin skin protruding from vulva (like baloon) and is not creating any pain. Observed since last two years and is growing. Inconvenient and ambaracement during intercourse. What it is? What to do?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 2 hours later

You are having asymptomatic slowly growing protrusion from the vulval region. Any lesion on genitalia specially in peri-menopausal age like of yours should not be taken lightly, even if it is asymptomatic.

This may be a simple some cyst (oil containing gland) or may be something serious.

You need a proper examination by a Gynecologist/dermatologist/surgeon. Proper examination will decide its further management.

I hope i have answered to your query.
If you have no more question then please accept my reply.

Best regards
Dr Rohit BATRA