White spots on the ear drum, arms, legs. Causes and treatment?

what is white spotting on the ear drum
as i have recieved a letter saying to take my daughter to the hospital cause she has this
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Follow-up: White spots on the ear drum, arms, legs. Causes and treatment? 3 minutes later
hi i have also got an 1 year old clid that has white spots all over is arms and legs what can i do to get rid of this
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) How old is your Daughter?
2.) Does she have difficulty hearing?
3.) Does she have ear discharge?
4.) Is she on any medications?

Your History suggests she has Myringosclerosis which is the calcification of tissue in the eardrum. It happens as a result of abnormal healing process after a acute middle ear infection.

Kindly get her evaluated by a ENT Specialist so that he could evaluate her in detail and run Audiometry tests if she has conductive hearing loss. Once confirmed, she will be treated accordingly.

Regarding your another child having White spots all over his/her arms and legs,

1.) Since how long is he/she having this problem?
2.) Does he/she have itching over them?

It needs a careful detailed physical evaluation by a Dermatologist to rule out if it is Vitiligo or some other cause. Once the cause is confirmed, necessary treatment will be initiated.

Hope I have answered your queries. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.