White spots on scrotum due to scratching. Looking for solution

Orthopaedic Surgeon
my scrotum has white spots which i have scratched because they are itchy how do i sort this out
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Rash on the scrotum can be due to skin conditions as dermatitis, allergy or infection.

If the rash is sore, itchy, associated with pain, lump like, burning during urination and has any discharge then it can be indicative of any infection and requires evaluation.

Sometimes just itching can also be due to fungal infection and requires antifungal creams as Cotrimazole.

Some measures for you:

1)Apply icepack on the area and then observe for any changes.

2)Apply calamine lotion for relief from itching.

3)Keep the area dry and apply Neosporin powder after consulting your Primary Physician.

If the symptoms persist or associated with discharge etc then consider visiting your Healthcare Professional for evaluation.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.