Ask a Urologist   »  

White spots on penis shaft, frequent masturbation. No discomfort or itching. No STD. How these spots go away?

Psychiatrist
Question
Hello, I have white spots on my penis, not raised,no Std, not vitaligo, for about 6 months I have been masturbating frequently. It's only on my shaft and mainly in the spots that were stroked. No itching, dose not cause any problems. I am just worried it won't go away. I thought it could possibly be a fungus but once I stop masturbating no new marks. What can I do?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 24 minutes later

Important aspects of your query are:
• 33 year old male
• Complaints of: white spots near the glans penis.
• Cocern related to fungal infection

If you've never had unsafe sex in last 1 year then there is least chances of having sexually transmitted disease (STD).

Your white spots near the glans penis may be pimples or ingrown hairs or Penile papules. You can see pictures of these lesions after doing web search.

Usually these lesions do not have any relation with masturbation. These are common and there is nothing to worry about as these are self limiting conditions.

If your problem do not match with above conditions you can go for KOH smear examination from your lesions to rule out fungal infection. After that anti fungal treatment like tab flucanazole 150mg once in a week can be started for 4 weeks.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: White spots on penis shaft, frequent masturbation. No discomfort or itching. No STD. How these spots go away? 1 hour later
I have already been tested for STD's all is negative. the white discoloration is not pimples. It looks as if I damaged the skin from masturbation. My girlfriend has no issues as well and we have been having sex for roughly 5 months or so. No pain,no irragation, the spots are not raised. I have used hydrocortozone and some have been fading.

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later
Hello again,

Thanks for follow up,

With further information, it may be because of fungal infection. But hydrocortozone may increase fungal lesions in long term use.So it is necessary to have a proper diagnosis.

You can go for KOH smear examination from your lesions after consultation from dermatologist to rule out fungal infection. After that anti fungal treatment (like tab flucanazole 150mg once in a week for 4 week) can be started.

Wish you good health.