White spots on legs. What could be this?

General Surgeon
I have these white spots on my legs. now I am geting them on other parts of my body I am not a sun person'
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Additional information about white spot required Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Marlise i wanted to have certain more information about the lesion you are having in order to assist you further. 1. Are the white spots raised above the surrounding skin or just flat? 2. Is it associated with itching or congestion? 3. Which other parts of body are involved? It would also be more helpful if you could send me the clinical photographs. Waiting for your reply Wishing you healthy life Take Care Regards Dr Deepak Kishore Consultant Surgeon
Follow-up: White spots on legs. What could be this? 35 minutes later
the spots are small flat and white do not itch or hurt but is spreading it started about 3-4 years ago now two is on my breast and my arm. sometimes I will get terrible itching and burning from other parts of my body. and feels like something is crawling in the inside of my skin
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Could be Scabies Detailed Answer: Namaste Greetings of the day Terrible itching and burning in other parts of body may be post menopausal hot flushes and the crawling sensation could be due to dry skin. I also would like to consider the possibility of Scabies which usually can have such presentation. I put my patients on single over night application of Permethrin cream and a good scrub bath the following day. Followed by daily application of aloe Vera based moisturizing cream will help. Wishing you a healthy life In case of any further query Kindly get back to me. Regards Deepak