White spots around nipples, has an asymmetrical lump. Fordyce bumps?

Hey I'm a 28 year old female, noticed over the last 4 months these increasing white spots around my nipples, especially the left nipple...I think they might be Fordyce spots, only thing is the left nipple now has a large asymmetrical lump on it as well for the last month. I'm not sexually active, haven't been for a couple of years so it's not anything STD related, never had any STDs... So, think these are just Fordyce bumps?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later

I was able to look at the picture. The picture shows few papular lesions which on first look favor the diagnosis of 'fordyce spots'.
Fordyce spots are non itchy, non painful and show no discharge. They are non pathological entity; very commonly found around lips, genitals and nipple area.
They are not at all related to any sort of exposure - sexual/ casual etc. Neither are they a domain of sexually transmitted disease.

A lump being formed from fordyce spot is never heard of.

If you are just referring to the palpation of these lesions as small bumps then there is no need to worry. But if there is a lump beneath the lesion on palpation, then a physical examination by a doctor is warranted.

Hope I have answered your query. Should you have any additional concern, I will be available to address them.

Dr.Rohit Batra