Ask a Urologist   »  

White spot on the penis, is freckle dangerous?

Hi, I have a freckle on the inside on my foreskin. It's quite small around 1 cm in diameter. Just recently, a white spot inside has shown. What should I do?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
Presence of freckle is a harmless finding and happens due to excessive pigment production by melanocytes. Appearance of a white spot on a freckle might be due to an infected or blocked gland. It may happen due to poor hygiene or use of Harsh soaps which has not been washed. Kindly don't worry as there is nothing that seems serious.
Application of 1 % Hydrocortisone cream to the penis might help reduce the lesion.
If the symptoms are not relieved in 7-10 days then you will have to consult your dermatologist for a detailed examination and further treatment.
Follow these lifestyle modifications:
1.) Maintain proper hygiene
2.) Avoid sexual contact with a stranger
3.) Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight
4.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables
5.) During bathing, retract the foreskin to adequately clean and dry the area.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Follow-up: White spot on the penis, is freckle dangerous? 34 minutes later
This particular freckle has been present for at least 6 months. In this case, would seeking further attention be suitable?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 28 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Having a freckle for more than six months is not a serious condition. Freckles can remain as a pigmented area if not treated. Consulting a dermatologist will help in its proper treatment.
Wishing you an early recovery.