White sores on tongue. Good treatment ?

I have whites sores at several places on my tongue some on the tip some on the sides. They hurt really bad. They have lasted for about three months so far. I say my doctor and he said it was a infection and gave me some atibiotics but it did not go away.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 7 hours later

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Do you use tobacco in any form? If yes, since how long?
2.) Do you have any other illness apart from this?
3.) Do you have difficulty swallowing or sore throat?

Your History suggest you either have Aphthous ulcers or Leukoplakia, which is a condition in which thickened, white patches form on your gums, sometimes, on your tongue. They have to be confirmed.

Kindly get yourself examined by a Dentist so that he/she may examine you and suggests few tests if required,

1.) Biopsy, where in your doctor will remove a tissue sample for analysis.
2.) Bloodwork (if necessary).

Once confirmed, you will be treated accordingly by removing the sores by LASER or freezing them, oral steroids or topical preparations.

Follow these lifestyle modifications:

1.) Avoid alcohol and smoking, if you do.
2.) Avoid stress.
3.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
4.) Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight.
5.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.