White scaly tissues on foreskin, fungal infection, lichen scalereous, jock's itch. Suggestion?

Dermatologist
Question
sir, last two months i had noticed white scaly tissues on the foreskin it doesn't pain or any problem is there
these scales come out when i try to peel it off but after some time it relapses....i visited the doctors , he told it is a fungal infection and advised me candid lotion but 1 have been using it for 2 months and no considerable improvemnt is there
can any one tell me what is it??? as i suspect it to be (lichen scalereous) may be........please suggest me what can i do now....or may be it is jock's itch (a guess??)
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 14 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

I saw the picture you attached.

This is neither lichen sclerosus nor a fungal infection (jock itch).

This is just a mild dermatitis which is common to have at some stage of life.

Just use a mild steroid cream ( like Momate) twice daily after consulting physician and clean the area daily with tap water.

DO not use soap for a few days. I think you will be fine.

Let me know how it goes.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.

Thanks

Follow-up: White scaly tissues on foreskin, fungal infection, lichen scalereous, jock's itch. Suggestion? 3 hours later
sir,
ihave posted two more pictures that might give u a clearer view , sir i missed an information 3 months ago i was given fusidin cream to apply on the foreskin by a urologist
sir what about the candid lotion which i have been using should i continue it,,,,,sir even more i have these white lesions on a part of frenulum and on major part of skin below it....a few days 1-2 maybe i have got a small scratch which irritates and pains some times

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 6 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.

When I see the new picture, Lichen sclerosus does come to mind.

But I am not able to get a proper orientation of this new picture that you have attached. Can you please send me a fresh picture with a distant view of the penis (not a close up)?

Yes you may stop using Candid.

I hope this answers your query.

Wish you good health.

Regards.

Follow-up: White scaly tissues on foreskin, fungal infection, lichen scalereous, jock's itch. Suggestion? 8 hours later
sir as u have said i have uploaded more pics in my reports....so please have a look and clear it to me......docot
if its lichem scalerous is it uncurable withour surger???or does it has any alternative treatment
sir in the pics have a zoomed look near frenulum .....yesterday only there is a round tear XXXXXXX removing the skin as i earlier said that i have a short frenulum...........is this tear due to frenulum or lichen???
sir please guide me and help me

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 9 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

I can only see the previous two pics which you had posted yesterday. The new ones are not there.

Please do not worry. I am here to help you. You shall be fine soon.

To answer your question, surgery is not the only option, we have creams which improve LS.
Surgery is usually recommended only when there is Phimosis or severe ulcerations.

Please do upload the pics again or mail it to me at YYYY@YYYY with subject as attention to Dr. Gaurang Krishna.

Awaiting your response.

Follow-up: White scaly tissues on foreskin, fungal infection, lichen scalereous, jock's itch. Suggestion? 14 hours later
sir i am XXXXXXX ... as you told i am mailing you the pics here.....please examine and inform me about the diagnosis thank you.....sir please after seeeing the pics have a look on the questions and descriptions posted by me in the earlier post
attatched : photos

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 8 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for the pics.

You are right, Lichen sclerosus seems to be setting in. But it is in early phase and i expect to control it only be creams.

Surgery (circumcision) is advised only for extensive disease and when there is phimosis or severe and recurrent ulcerations (tear marks).

The recent tear XXXXXXX that you have developed is likely be due to Lichen Sclerosus.

I suggest using Clobetasol cream ( lobate, tenovate) once daily at night over the affected area.

Revert back after 15 days or so.

I expect improvement in 3-4 weeks.

I hope I have answered your query.