White pimple near the healing wound on the face

i had stiches in a face cut about 3 weeks ago,the scar is repairing but there appears to be a white pimple like spot in the repair area
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 23 hours later

A stich line is a break in the continuity of the skin.

such lesions are prone to infection and hence we always give antibiotics to prevent any infection in the tissue.

It has been 3 weeks in your case and if you were not given any antibiotics , the chances of you getting a secondary bacterial infection is high. Even in case you were given some antibiotics at time of stiching and stopped after few days, the chances of getting a bacterial infection remains in the recently treated area because the tissue is raw.

A course of antibiotic like augmentin or cefdinir should be given to prevent any further complications as a bacterial infection if left untreated might lead to wound dehiscence and scarring.

I would request you to immidietly see a physician to start an antibiotic course ASAP.

Hope I have answered your query completely. Please write back if you have any further queries.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Dr.Rohit Batra
Follow-up: White pimple near the healing wound on the face 19 minutes later
Thank you for your reply,I have done some research myself, I did forget to tell you I had XXXXXXX sutches as well!could it be the reaction on XXXXXXX sutches
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later
Thanks for your follow up query.
I guess by XXXXXXX stiches you mean inside the oral cavity.
Yes in that case also the infection in the localised area can manifect the way described by you.

Dr. Rohit