White pimple inside left cheek. What could this be?

ENT Specialist
Hi I have one little white like pimple inside my left cheek. It doesn't hurt at all. I am nervous of what it is? I thought it was a canker sore but it hasn't gone away. It never got any bigger either.
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Should not be a cause of worry Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. The pimple like thing which you have described can have following differential diagnosis: 1. An inclusion cyst of the minor salivary gland which normally lie in the cheek. 2. Collection after blockade of the mucosal gland of the buccal mucosa. 3. Cornification or induration of the buccal mucosa because of irritation by a sharp tooth margin or a cheek bite. 4. Rarer premalignant or malignant lesions can be there but are usually associated with tobacco, pan masala or pan use which I hope you are not a user of. Also your description does not fit in to a malignant lesion description. In case this does not heal, do consult an ENT and he/she may consider a biopsy depending upon the clinical examination. Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to write back in case you have further questions. Wishing you good health. Regards