White piece of stuff in crack on top of clitoris, bad smell. What could it be ?

Question
I had a white piece of stuff in crack on top of clitoris squeezed it a big piece of sort of hard white waxy stuff popped out and smelled real bad what could it be??
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 39 minutes later

From your symptoms this white stuff which popped out looks like a cyst under the clitoris which produced sebum which a soft, whitish brown material that sometimes oozes out onto the skin's surface. This material is called sebum.

First of all, wear cotton underwear and use antiseptic soaps. If the repeat happens then get it checked from a gynecologist. Although cysts are harmless but in menopausal age group the contents of the cyst needs to be microscopically examined to rule out any malignancy.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: White piece of stuff in crack on top of clitoris, bad smell. What could it be ? 1 hour later
It was not a liquid it was sort of soft with texture and a waxy feeling.Is that still the same (sebum)?

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

Thanks for writing back to me.

Sebum is an oily substance secreted by the sebaceous glands and has a waxy feel. It is not liquid. The substance that oozed out sounds like sebum.

Follow-up: White piece of stuff in crack on top of clitoris, bad smell. What could it be ? 7 hours later
Is that a serious problem that I need to take an antobitic or something else for?

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 20 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Cysts are harmless and most of them go away on their own with warm compresses and proper hygiene. If they become painful then it means that they are infected. In that case, antibiotics and maybe incision and drainage may be required.