White patches on scalp after shampooing, not dandruff, irritation. Suggest a solution

I'm suffering from the scalp infection, white patches emerges on my head after shampoo it goes away but in couple of days again pops up. there are bowels as well. It irritates badly. it's not mere dandruff. Kindly suggest a solution.
Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 18 minutes later

Thanks for posting query.

Firstly, you should know the diagnosis of the lesion you are having, then it can be treated.

There are few conditions, which can cause this problem.

It seems that you might have,

1, fungal infection of scalp,
2, Dandruff,
3, Psoriasis of scalp.

Therefore, what I suggest is consult Dermatologist and get your lesion examined and get diagnosed. Then treatment becomes easy.

Is it possible for you to upload few images of the lesion? You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

Meanwhile you may try antifungal lotion or Selen shampoo.

Hope, I answered your query.

Awaiting your response.

Dr. Ramesh.
Follow-up: White patches on scalp after shampooing, not dandruff, irritation. Suggest a solution 15 minutes later
Thanks Doctor.
Yes it's kind of fungal infection, i have checked with Dermatologist but suggested prescriptions didn't help much. I shall soon post you the prescriptions so that you can review the same and suggest further medication.

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 36 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

I will wait for your reply and suggest you better.

Thank you too.